Monoblocs
A Monobloc (or Monolight) is a self contained flash unit that is generally smaller than conventional studio flash units, making it easier to take on location. They have an independent power source, meaning they do not need a power outlet, and are operated independently from other flash units. This is useful as each light can be set to different settings.
Note: f number = Guide number / flash to subject distance (at ISO 100)
Mobilities
I have no idea as to what these are, and I can't seem to find any information. But I'm guessing it is referring to mobile flash guns etc, so 'See Above'. I shall learn about these more in class I think.
Portable Fill Flash
Fill flash is most often used to expose a subject in shade. This can be useful when a subject is backlit, to make sure the subject and the surroundings are properly exposed. Fill flash is also used to lighten shadows on a subject lit by strong sunlight. To correctly expose a subject in shade, flash exposure must use the same f-number as the daylight exposure. To lighten shadows on a subject,, flash exposure must be 1 to 2 stops less than the daylight exposure, to lighten but not over-fill shadows.
IR Triggering Devices
Most on camera and off camera flash units can be fired using IR triggering. The flash on the camera can be used to fire slave flashes in other locations. IR remotes and receivers can also be used to fire flash units. Using IR triggering devices is useful, as you do not need to be tethered to flash units, meaning you have more mobility, and more flash units can be fired at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment