Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Next Class - Response to question 6

What do you like in a landscape photograph?


I think that the most important part of a landscape photograph is detail. It can be effective to have very simple landscapes, but I really admire a landscape photograph which has great detail in the foreground, middleground and background.
To obtain great detail in landscape photographs, there are a number of things you can do. A large aperture is obviously necessary, and in turn so is a tripod. Using a large or medium format system is also a great way to achieve extra detail. The weather is probably the most important part in a landscape photograph, as it either makes or breaks the shot.

As well as detail, I really like colour in landscape photographs. I think it often adds to the scene, and gives it great depth and appeal. It often helps give it a sense of great beauty and emotion.









Photographs taken from:
http://marcadamus.deviantart.com/art/Endless-Beauty-107773980
http://michaelanderson.deviantart.com/art/Mystic-Waters-of-Shangri-La-121604537
http://lucias-tears.deviantart.com/art/Ancient-Pathways-49768474
http://michaelanderson.deviantart.com/art/Fall-in-the-Himalaya-108677431

No comments:

Post a Comment